Jul 3, 2013

Buttermilk Scones

Grandparents were down here in Melbourne the other day and I wanted to bake a little something for them. So I made my grandpa's favourite, scones. And yes, I got his seal of approval from using this very simple, easy recipe.

Buttermilk Scones

4 cups of self-raising flour
3 tbsps caster sugar
4 tbsps of butter
1 3/4 cups of buttermilk


  1. Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
  2. Combine the flour, sugar and butter into a milk and knead it together until you get a breadcrumb consistency.
  3. Pour in the buttermilk and gently mix it until a soft dough is formed. Continue to knead the dough until it all comes together.
  4. Roll out the dough onto a floured surface until it is about 3 cm thick.
  5. Using a cookie cutter, cut out your scones and place it on your baking tray.
  6. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until it is slightly golden on the outside.
  7. Serve with jam and whipped cream.

2 comments:

  1. These look great! I love it when I find out how people go following my recipes :)
    Becky xo
    Pixiwishesforeheadkisses.com

    ReplyDelete